Fahrenheit 9/11
So I think I'll finally get around to seeing this Fahrenheit 9/11 movie. I've never seen a Michael Moore film before, but my impression of him, going in, is not very positive. Realizing that all media is inherently biased, I suspect that it is possible some reviews have been overly critical. However, I also suspect that what the man is really about - even more than regime change - is self-promotion and greed. Controversy sells, and Moore knows this as well as anyone. Maybe he'll prove me wrong. Maybe all of his arguments will be well supported by hard evidence and testimony, unaltered by biased predisposition. Maybe this will actually be an objective bit of filmmaking, but how can I tell? I can't, and, because I suspect that he's completely full of it and will leave me yearning for Noam Chomsky, there's no way a dime of mine is going into his pocket. Hmmm... maybe I'll buy a ticket for the Spiderman movie and pull a swap ; )

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home